A commitment to serve on the Saint Joseph’s University National Alumni Board carries with it certain responsibilities and expectations, both formal and informal. Members are expected to
- encourage enlightened, active and positive participation of alumni in University and Alumni Association affairs and activities.
- attend NAB General Board Meetings held twice a year and participate in Committee meetings, typically done via conference call.
- chair or serve on one or more committees or task forces during the year, to report back to the Board on activity, and to fulfill commitments within agreed upon deadlines.
- support the university financially at a personally appropriate level.
- serve as an ambassador in the community on behalf of the SJU Alumni Association and Saint Joseph’s University
- attend major University events, such as the Alumni Gala, and any regional alumni activities in your area where possible
- provide direct input and feedback to SJU Alumni Relations strategy (for example, right now we're working on Plan 2020 which has an alumni component)
- review and recommend candidates for Alumni Association awards, volunteer leaders or future NAB members
Additionally, regional directors:
work with Alumni Relations staff to create chapter structure
identify other alumni volunteer leaders to participate
assist in the strategy and planning for their region's chapter
report on chapter activities to rest of NAB
Terms: Each board member is selected to serve one two-year term with an option for a second two-year term (provided that it's agreed to by both the board member and the University). Term limits prohibit more than two terms (unless the member is elected President).