Thursday, May 18, 2017
1 p.m. - Golf Outing
- Location: Bala Golf Club, 2200 Belmont Avenue Philadelphia
- Cost: $25.00 per person
1 p.m. -Tour of the Philadelphia Art Museum
- Location: 2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia PA
- Cost: $26.00 per senior citizen
Enjoy a guided highlights tour of The Museum Collections – Discover some of the Museum's most noteworthy treasures in ths spectacular overview tour, spanning a variety of ages and genres. You will see works of art at one of the largest and most renowned museums in the country. Find beauty, enchantment and the unexpected among artistic and architectural achievements from the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
4 p.m. -An interactive discussion with Ralph W. Galati '70 on his Vietnam POW Experiences
- Location: Doyle Banquet Hall, South | Campion Student Center | SJU Campus
- Cost: Complementary
Ralph Galati ’70 was flying in an F-4 Phantom on a combat mission over North Vietnam. On February 16, 1972 he was shot down, immediately captured, and transported to Hanoi - where he would spend the next 14 months as a Prisoner of War. He will discuss his experiences in captivity, including: the Code of Conduct; Prison Camp Life; Communications; Resistance/Survival.
Alum, Adjunct Celebrates 40 Years of Post-POW Freedom
A Tradition of Honoring Veterans at Saint Joseph's
6 p.m. - Reception and Dinner
- Location: Bala Country Club, 2200 Belmont Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Cost: $40.00 per person
Friday, May 19, 2017
9:30 a.m. - Visitation of the Saint Joseph's Grotto
- Location: Behind The Chapel of St. Joseph - Michael J. Smith, S.J. Memorial (building #14 on campus map)
- The statue of Saint Joesph in the Grotto will be celebrating its 90th Anniversary.
- You are invited to write down and bring and bring with you your special prayer intentions and gather at the new Grotto of Saint Joseph and pray together for them.
10 a.m. - Class of 1967 Memorial Mass
- Location: The Chapel of St. Joseph - Michael J. Smith, S.J. Memorial (building #14 on campus map)
- At the conclusion of Mass, the Class of 1966 Photo will be taken
11:30 a.m. - Golden Hawks Induction Luncheon
2 p.m. - Campus Tours
- At the conclusion of the induction luncheon, a bus tour will provide stops at the following places:
- Main campus
- Michael J. Hagan '85 Arena
- University Bookstore
- James J. Maguire ’58 Campus
- Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center (Formally the Cardinal's Residence)
- The Marcy Dugan Wolfington Campus
3 to 5 p.m. - Class of 1967 Hospitality Area
5 p.m. - Memory Lane Celebration
Parking on Friday is available in the Cardinal Avenue Lot - near the corner of Cardinal and City Avenues.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
7 a.m. - Continental Breakfast and Robing for Commencement
8 a.m. - Commencement Procession Begins
9 a.m. - Commencement
Parking on Saturday is available in the Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center parking Lot off of Cardinal Ave. From City Avenue, turn onto Cardinal Ave and make a right into the driveway that leads you to the parking lot. You will need to mention you are with the Golden Hawks to get past the security on Cardinal Ave.
Direct questions to Lynn Langnas or call 610-660-3467.