Thursday, May 12, 2016
Noon - Golf Outing
If you are interested in playing golf please contact Lynn Langnas(email@example.com)
- Location: Bala Golf Club, 2200 Belmont Avenue Philadelphia
- Cost: $25.00 per person
1 p.m. -Tour of the Philadelphia Art Museum
- Location: 2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia PA
- Cost: $26.00 per senior citizen
Enjoy a guided tour of A Walk through Time – Where else in Philadelphia can you visit a Medieval Cloister, a 16th-century Indian Temple Hall, the country estates of 18th-century England and France, and a Japanese tea house all in an hour? Nowhere but here! So come, experience the world, and join us as we take a walk through time.
4 p.m. - Behind the scenes of the historic visit of Pope Francis
- Location: Doyle Banquet Hall, South | Campion Student Center | SJU Campus
- Cost: Complimentary
Enjoy an interactive discussion with Saint Joseph's Faculty on Pope Francis's visit and blessing of the "Synagogy and Ecclesia in our Time" statue
Fall 2015 marked the fiftieth anniversary of the birth of a new relationship between the Catholic Church and the Jewish People. In September, the Philadelphia Jewish and Catholic communities gathered on the campus of Saint Joseph's University to celebrate what Pope Francis has called "our journey friendship." They dedicated an original sculpture by local artist Joshua Koffman that depicts "Synagoga and Ecclesia in Our Time." Pope Francis himself came to view and bless the artwork soon after. Join us as Dr. Philip Cunningham, Professor of Theology at SJU describes the remarkable interfaith rapprochement that the sculpture portrays and his interactions with Pope Francis.
6 p.m. - Reception and Dinner
- Location: Bala Country Club, 2200 Belmont Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Cost: $40.00 per person
Friday, May 13, 2016
10 a.m. - Class of 1966 Memorial Mass
- Location: The Chapel of St. Joseph - Michael J. Smith, S.J. Memorial (building #14 on campus map)
- At the conclusion of Mass, the Class of 1966 Photo will be taken
11:30 a.m. - Golden Hawks Induction Luncheon
2 p.m. - Campus Tours
- At the conclusion of the induction luncheon, a bus tour will provide stops at the following places:
- Main campus
- Michael J. Hagan '85 Arena
- University Bookstore
- James J. Maguire ’58 Campus
- Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center (Formally the Cardinal's Residence)
- The Marcy Dugan Wolfington Campus
3 to 5 p.m. - Class of 1966 Hospitality Area
5 p.m. - Memory Lane Celebration
Parking on Friday is available in the Cardinal Avenue Lot - near the corner of Cardinal and City Avenues.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
7 a.m. - Continental Breakfast and Robing for Commencement
8 a.m. - Commencement Procession Begins
9 a.m. - Commencement
Parking on Saturday is available in the Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center parking Lot off of Cardinal Ave. From City Avenue, turn onto Cardinal Ave and make a right into the driveway that leads you to the parking lot. You will need to mention you are with the Golden Hawks to get past the security on Cardinal Ave.
Direct questions to Lynn Langnas or call 610-660-3467.